RSS

Counting my blessings

As I sit here while my husband gets ready for work this morning, I find myself just watching him.

Watching as he puts his uniform on. First the pants. Belt. Then the undershirt, and shirt. Followed by socks, boot blousers and finally boots. I think about how very proud I am of him. Of what he does for me, and for our Country! I think about how proud I am to be his wife. Sure, Its not easy being an Army wife. Sure, we have to make sacrifices to support the men serving our country... but I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't wish for him to be a civilian... sure, one day he will be out of the Army, but he will ALWAYS be my Soldier!

As I sat here watching him get ready for his day at work, and find myself shedding a tear. Then another, and another, and another. Sometimes I forget or take for granted how absolutely blessed I am to have my husband here with me every day. I remember that there are hundreds of Military wives or thousands even that would give ANYTHING to have their husbands home with them. So many women struggle everyday with raising their children as basically single mothers, with going to bed alone. Whether their spouse is deployed or if their soldier is fallen.. may God bless them!

From now on, I will try to live everyday as if he leaves tomorrow... I'm sure I will fail some days, probably most. But I will try to have a different outlook on life. To be thankful for what God has given me and to thank Him for that, every chance I get.



I Love you my dearest Husband. You are an amazing man and I hope to give you a life full of love and happiness. I treasure every minute I spend with you, love :)

-Meg

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

amber said...

I would do the same thing every time he puts that uniform on in the morning. I was just soo proud of him and to be his wife.